Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Berkshire Hathaway ( BRK.B) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Berkshire Hathaway rose $1.41 (1.2%) to $117.28 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,967,939 shares of Berkshire Hathaway exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,929,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $116.52-$117.50 after having opened the day at $116.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $115.87. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: State Auto Financial Corporation ( STFC), up 12.5%, Lincoln National Corp (Radnor ( LNC), up 6.7%, MetLife ( MET), up 6.3% and StanCorp Financial Group ( SFG), up 4.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Berkshire Hathaway Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.