Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Wells Fargo ( WFC) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Wells Fargo rose $0.76 (1.8%) to $44.26 on average volume. Throughout the day, 19,580,424 shares of Wells Fargo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 21,350,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.12-$44.74 after having opened the day at $44.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.50. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Homex Development ( HXM), up 22.5%, Colonial Financial Services ( COBK), up 20.7%, Zillow ( Z), up 14.8% and State Auto Financial Corporation ( STFC), up 12.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Wells Fargo Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.