Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Schlumberger ( SLB) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.7%. By the end of trading, Schlumberger rose $2.22 (2.7%) to $83.55 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,951,801 shares of Schlumberger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,677,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $82.35-$83.70 after having opened the day at $82.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.33. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Samson Oil & Gas ( SSN), up 20.8%, Sonde Resources ( SOQ), up 18.3%, Harvest Natural Resources ( HNR), up 13.8% and Laredo Petroleum Holdings ( LPI), up 12.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Schlumberger Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.