Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Nike ( NKE) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 2.2%. By the end of trading, Nike rose $3.05 (4.8%) to $65.97 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7,880,436 shares of Nike exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,606,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $63.24-$66.11 after having opened the day at $63.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.92. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Standard Register Company ( SR), up 360.5%, Modine Manufacturing Company ( MOD), up 23.7%, Boulder Brands ( BDBD), up 15.5% and Hyster-Yale Materials Handling ( HY), up 14.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Nike Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.