Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. JPMorgan Chase ( JPM) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, JPMorgan Chase rose $0.81 (1.4%) to $56.54 on light volume. Throughout the day, 15,831,824 shares of JPMorgan Chase exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 21,815,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $56.20-$56.78 after having opened the day at $56.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.73. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Colonial Financial Services ( COBK), up 20.7%, Credit Suisse ( UWTI), up 9.8%, Lloyds Banking Group ( LYG), up 8.4% and Ocwen Financial Corporation ( OCN), up 7.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full JPMorgan Chase Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.