Activision Blizzard provides net revenues, net income (loss), earnings (loss) per share and operating margin data and guidance both including (in accordance with GAAP) and excluding (non-GAAP) certain items. The non-GAAP financial measures exclude the following items, as applicable in any given reporting period:
- the change in deferred net revenue and related cost of sales with respect to certain of the company’s online-enabled games;
- expenses related to stock-based compensation;
- the amortization of intangibles from purchase price accounting;
- one-time fees and expenses related to repurchase of the Company's shares from Vivendi and related debt financing transactions; and
- the income tax adjustments associated with any of the above items.