Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ciena Corporation ( CIEN) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Ciena Corporation fell $0.29 (-1.3%) to $22.06 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,052,275 shares of Ciena Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,856,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $21.99-$22.32 after having opened the day at $22.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.35. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: MERU Networks ( MERU), down 27.3%, Zhone Technologies ( ZHNE), down 11.8%, Zoom Technologies ( ZOOM), down 11.7% and Deltathree ( DDDC), down 11.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ciena Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.