Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Tower ( AMT) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, American Tower fell $1.88 (-2.6%) to $70.79 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7,665,062 shares of American Tower exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,847,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $69.74-$73.16 after having opened the day at $72.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.67. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Agree Realty Corporation ( ADC), down 5.9%, Elbit Imaging ( EMITF), down 5.8%, Saul Centers ( BFS), down 5.1% and Jones Lang LaSalle ( JLL), down 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full American Tower Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.