Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Discovery Communications ( DISCA) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Discovery Communications fell $1.28 (-1.6%) to $79.72 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,916,852 shares of Discovery Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,285,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $79.10-$81.73 after having opened the day at $81.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.00. Other companies within the Media industry that declined today were: Point.360 ( PTSX), down 5.5%, Beasley Broadcast Group ( BBGI), down 5.4%, Central European Media ( CETV), down 4.0% and Envoy Capital Group ( ECGI), down 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Discovery Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.