Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PepsiCo ( PEP) pushed the Food & Beverage industry lower today making it today's featured Food & Beverage laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, PepsiCo fell $1.57 (-1.8%) to $83.54 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7,917,744 shares of PepsiCo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,968,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $83.43-$85.66 after having opened the day at $85.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $85.11. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that declined today were: Truett-Hurst ( THST), down 3.6%, Boulder Brands ( BDBD), down 3.6%, Synutra International ( SYUT), down 3.3% and Castle Brands Incorporated ( ROX), down 2.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full PepsiCo Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.