Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Express ( AXP) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, American Express fell $1.42 (-1.9%) to $73.77 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10,284,459 shares of American Express exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,784,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $73.47-$75.86 after having opened the day at $75.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.19. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: CIFC ( CIFC), down 7.7%, Visa ( V), down 7.5%, First Marblehead Corporation ( FMD), down 6.1% and Investors Capital Holdings ( ICH), down 4.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full American Express Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.