Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Lorillard ( LO) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Lorillard fell $0.69 (-1.6%) to $42.53 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,284,708 shares of Lorillard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,403,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $42.31-$43.29 after having opened the day at $43.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.22. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: ACCO Brands ( ACCO), down 9.1%, SGOCO Group ( SGOC), down 6.3%, China Automotive Systems ( CAAS), down 6.1% and Orbital Corporation ( OBT), down 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Lorillard Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.