Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Monsanto Company ( MON) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Monsanto Company fell $1.65 (-1.6%) to $98.78 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,349,825 shares of Monsanto Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,814,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $98.75-$100.98 after having opened the day at $100.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $100.43. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Lightbridge ( LTBR), down 13.1%, Hawkins ( HWKN), down 10.5%, Green Plains Renewable Energy ( GPRE), down 8.9% and Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan ( POT), down 8.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Monsanto Company Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.