Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation ( COG) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation fell $0.90 (-1.2%) to $75.82 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,473,796 shares of Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,863,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $75.73-$77.77 after having opened the day at $77.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $76.72. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: GeoPetro Resources Company ( GPR), down 20.9%, Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), down 19.3%, Uranium Resources ( URRE), down 16.4% and Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), down 15.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.