Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Aflac ( AFL) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Aflac rose $0.83 (1.4%) to $61.68 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,653,990 shares of Aflac exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,642,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $60.02-$62.55 after having opened the day at $60.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $60.85. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: eHealth ( EHTH), up 28.4%, First Acceptance Corporation ( FAC), up 5.1%, Donegal Group ( DGICB), up 4.3% and CorVel Corporation ( CRVL), up 4.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Aflac Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.