Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Covidien ( COV) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Covidien rose $0.61 (1.0%) to $61.63 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,948,754 shares of Covidien exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,749,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $60.82-$62.20 after having opened the day at $60.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.02. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: CardioNet ( BEAT), up 38.2%, Hansen Medical ( HNSN), up 21.9%, Trius Therapeutics ( TSRX), up 20.4% and Pingtan Marine Enterprise ( PME), up 13.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Covidien Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.