Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Whirlpool Corporation ( WHR) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Whirlpool Corporation rose $2.28 (1.7%) to $133.94 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,297,217 shares of Whirlpool Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,036,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $131.91-$136.44 after having opened the day at $132.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $131.66. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Virco Manufacturing Corporation ( VIRC), up 7.9%, Libbey ( LBY), up 4.7%, VeriFone Systems ( PAY), up 3.1% and Brunswick Corporation ( BC), up 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Whirlpool Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.