Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Synaptics ( SYNA) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Synaptics rose $1.10 (2.8%) to $40.00 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,493,052 shares of Synaptics exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 910,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.83-$40.00 after having opened the day at $38.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.90. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Imation Corporation ( IMN), up 11.4%, Radcom ( RDCM), up 8.1%, Extreme Networks ( EXTR), up 6.7% and Datalink Corporation ( DTLK), up 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Synaptics Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.