Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. State Street ( STT) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, State Street rose $1.03 (1.5%) to $69.67 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,801,950 shares of State Street exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,076,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $68.67-$70.20 after having opened the day at $68.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.64. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Camco Financial ( CAFI), up 11.4%, Village Bank and Trust Financial Corporatio ( VBFC), up 9.1%, Sun Bancorp ( SNBC), up 8.1% and Xenith Bankshares ( XBKS), up 8.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full State Street Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.