Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Northrop Grumman ( NOC) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry higher today making it today's featured aerospace/defense winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Northrop Grumman rose $1.12 (1.2%) to $92.06 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,890,218 shares of Northrop Grumman exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,551,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $90.80-$92.82 after having opened the day at $90.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $90.94. Other companies within the Aerospace/Defense industry that increased today were: Sifco Industries ( SIF), up 5.2%, Frontline ( FRO), up 3.6%, Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation ( SWHC), up 3.2% and Sturm Ruger & Company ( RGR), up 3.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Northrop Grumman Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.