Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Verizon Communications ( VZ) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Verizon Communications fell $1.07 (-2.1%) to $50.42 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11,527,755 shares of Verizon Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,541,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $50.30-$51.94 after having opened the day at $51.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.49. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Sonus Networks ( SONS), down 7.1%, Tata Communications ( TCL), down 7.0%, Zhone Technologies ( ZHNE), down 6.6% and Pendrell ( PCO), down 6.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Verizon Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.