Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Newell Rubbermaid ( NWL) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Newell Rubbermaid fell $0.27 (-1.0%) to $26.75 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,452,090 shares of Newell Rubbermaid exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,206,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $26.68-$27.24 after having opened the day at $27.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.02. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: China Marine Food Group ( CMFO), down 12.9%, Furniture Brands International ( FBN), down 12.9%, Swisher Hygiene ( SWSH), down 8.0% and Coach ( COH), down 7.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Newell Rubbermaid Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.