Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Mattel ( MAT) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Mattel fell $0.43 (-1.0%) to $42.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,340,422 shares of Mattel exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,162,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $42.05-$42.70 after having opened the day at $42.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.53. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Furniture Brands International ( FBN), down 12.9%, A. T. Cross Company ( ATX), down 4.7%, Movado Group ( MOV), down 3.6% and Canon ( CAJ), down 2.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Mattel Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.