Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Mosaic ( MOS) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Mosaic fell $9.15 (-17.3%) to $43.81 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 59,128,304 shares of Mosaic exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,231,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $39.95-$43.99 after having opened the day at $40.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.96. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Lone Pine Resources ( LPR), down 41.4%, USEC ( USU), down 32.9%, Intrepid Potash ( IPI), down 28.6% and Lightbridge ( LTBR), down 20.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Mosaic Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.