Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Johnson Controls ( JCI) pushed the Automotive industry lower today making it today's featured Automotive laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Johnson Controls fell $0.63 (-1.5%) to $40.46 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,624,892 shares of Johnson Controls exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,943,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $40.46-$41.42 after having opened the day at $41.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.09. Other companies within the Automotive industry that declined today were: Tata Motors ( TTM), down 4.4%, China Automotive Systems ( CAAS), down 2.5%, Patrick Industries ( PATK), down 2.4% and Tesla Motors ( TSLA), down 2.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Johnson Controls Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.