Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Harris Corporation ( HRS) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Harris Corporation rose $4.14 (7.8%) to $56.97 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,454,209 shares of Harris Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 712,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $53.64-$57.45 after having opened the day at $53.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.83. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Alcatel-Lucent ( ALU), up 11.8%, AudioCodes ( AUDC), up 8.4%, Sprint Corp (Will be Deleted ( S), up 7.3% and InfoSonics Corporation ( IFON), up 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Harris Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.