Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Accenture ( ACN) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Accenture rose $1.37 (1.9%) to $73.74 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,971,448 shares of Accenture exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,369,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $72.55-$73.92 after having opened the day at $73.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.37. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Bankrate ( RATE), up 17.2%, Plug Power ( PLUG), up 16.8%, Silicon Motion Technology Corporation ( SIMO), up 13.4% and Peregrine Semiconductor ( PSMI), up 12.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Accenture Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.