Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CarMax ( KMX) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, CarMax rose $0.60 (1.3%) to $48.26 on light volume. Throughout the day, 884,340 shares of CarMax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,442,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $47.78-$48.31 after having opened the day at $47.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.66. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Lithia Motors ( LAD), up 4.3%, Sothebys ( BID), up 4.2%, Titan Machinery ( TITN), up 2.5% and Mecox Lane ( MCOX), up 2.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full CarMax Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.