Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation ( AMTD) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation rose $0.42 (1.6%) to $27.03 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,118,768 shares of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,007,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.70-$27.15 after having opened the day at $26.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.61. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Porter Bancorp ( PBIB), up 28.2%, Village Bank and Trust Financial Corporatio ( VBFC), up 12.2%, PSB Holdings ( PSBH), up 10.0% and First Capital Bancorp ( FCVA), up 8.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.