Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Hess ( HES) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Hess rose $1.16 (1.6%) to $73.19 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,666,630 shares of Hess exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,036,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $72.12-$73.72 after having opened the day at $73.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.03. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Barnwell Industries ( BRN), up 9.5%, Samson Oil & Gas ( SSN), up 7.3%, Constellation Energy Partners ( CEP), up 6.2% and BMB Munai ( BMBM), up 5.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Hess Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.