Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Applied Materials ( AMAT) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Applied Materials rose $0.25 (1.6%) to $16.27 on light volume. Throughout the day, 10,019,969 shares of Applied Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13,551,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.15-$16.46 after having opened the day at $16.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.02. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Plug Power ( PLUG), up 16.8%, Silicon Motion Technology Corporation ( SIMO), up 13.4%, Peregrine Semiconductor ( PSMI), up 12.9% and Dynasil Corporation of America ( DYSL), up 10.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Applied Materials Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.