Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Amgen ( AMGN) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Amgen rose $1.83 (1.7%) to $111.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,822,646 shares of Amgen exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,348,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $109.40-$111.30 after having opened the day at $109.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $109.37. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Vanda Pharmaceuticals ( VNDA), up 44.2%, Reliv' International ( RELV), up 32.7%, Inovio Pharmaceuticals ( INO), up 29.0% and GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 16.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Amgen Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.