Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Praxair ( PX) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Praxair rose $1.22 (1.0%) to $120.68 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,871,442 shares of Praxair exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,280,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $118.91-$121.04 after having opened the day at $119.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $119.46. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Oxford Resource Partners ( OXF), up 21.1%, Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), up 20.5%, Timberline Resources Corporation ( TLR), up 12.2% and Barnwell Industries ( BRN), up 9.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Praxair Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.