Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. UBS ( UBS) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, UBS rose $0.49 (2.6%) to $19.55 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,084,482 shares of UBS exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,138,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $19.41-$19.68 after having opened the day at $19.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.06. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Porter Bancorp ( PBIB), up 28.2%, Village Bank and Trust Financial Corporatio ( VBFC), up 12.2%, PSB Holdings ( PSBH), up 10.0% and First Capital Bancorp ( FCVA), up 8.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full UBS Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.