Comcast today announced its next-generation television experience, Xfinity TV on the X1 Platform, and a new X1 remote control app is available across the company’s Twin Cities service area. This cloud-enabled platform, unlike any other video service, delivers the world’s largest collection of video, and transforms the TV into an entirely new integrated entertainment experience and will be available to new Xfinity Triple Play with HD/DVR service customers at no additional cost. “X1’s cloud-enabled platform redefines the entertainment experience, making the TV smarter, richer and more personalized than ever before,” said Mary Beth Schubert, vice president of Corporate Affairs for Comcast – Twin Cities. “Utilizing the strength of our network, cutting-edge technologies and cloud flexibility, X1 transforms our video product from a hardware experience to a software-based fully interactive experience for customers, allowing us to innovate faster and with more flexibility.” The X1 platform incorporates IP technology, using cloud servers on Comcast’s network to integrate interactive, customized apps and social media features with its traditional video services to create an entirely new television experience. The launch of X1 in the Twin Cities is part of Comcast’s ongoing and evolving effort to take advantage of IP technology to constantly bring new innovation and features to market. Xfinity TV on the X1 Platform highlights include:
- A main screen with a sleek new user interface that integrates a customer’s video experiences and enables one-click access to a highly visual display of entertainment options
- Unified search and instant play, along with recommendations, with the ability to find entertainment content in seconds from TV listings, DVR recordings and Xfinity On Demand using a new smart remote
- Specially tailored-for-TV features such as customized social networking and music, radio, sports, traffic and weather apps
- A new DVR set-top-box that delivers an advanced, personalized TV viewing experience, including the ability to record four programs at once while watching another and an AnyRoom DVR option
- An enhanced remote control that offers greater responsiveness without line-of-sight requirements
To learn more, go to www.comcast.com/x1About Comcast Cable Comcast Cable is the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. Comcast has invested in technology to build an advanced network that delivers among the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company.