Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NRG Energy ( NRG) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, NRG Energy fell $0.42 (-1.5%) to $27.25 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,557,414 shares of NRG Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,626,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $27.21-$27.65 after having opened the day at $27.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.67. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: American DG Energy ( ADGE), down 7.1%, Just Energy Group ( JE), down 4.0%, American Midstream Partners ( AMID), down 3.5% and Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR.B), down 3.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full NRG Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.