Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BlackBerry ( BBRY) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, BlackBerry fell $0.21 (-2.4%) to $8.67 on light volume. Throughout the day, 17,019,498 shares of BlackBerry exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 24,397,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $8.57-$8.90 after having opened the day at $8.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.88. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Alvarion ( ALVR), down 14.8%, Trunkbow International Holdings ( TBOW), down 8.2%, Zoom Technologies ( ZOOM), down 7.2% and Oi ( OIBR), down 7.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full BlackBerry Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.