Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Monster Beverage ( MNST) pushed the Food & Beverage industry lower today making it today's featured Food & Beverage laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Monster Beverage fell $2.27 (-3.6%) to $60.61 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,859,549 shares of Monster Beverage exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,800,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $60.40-$63.61 after having opened the day at $63.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.88. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that declined today were: Truett-Hurst ( THST), down 5.1%, Leading Brands ( LBIX), down 4.8%, Origin Agritech ( SEED), down 4.4% and Omega Protein Corporation ( OME), down 3.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Monster Beverage Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.