Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Citigroup ( C) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Citigroup fell $0.57 (-1.1%) to $51.64 on light volume. Throughout the day, 15,350,015 shares of Citigroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 30,356,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.30-$51.95 after having opened the day at $51.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.21. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Homex Development ( HXM), down 31.1%, Old Second Bancorp ( OSBC), down 11.1%, PSB Holdings ( PSBH), down 9.1% and Emclaire Financial Corporation ( EMCF), down 7.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Citigroup Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.