Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Avon Products ( AVP) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Avon Products fell $0.26 (-1.1%) to $22.89 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,725,894 shares of Avon Products exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,670,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $22.87-$23.20 after having opened the day at $23.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.15. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Furniture Brands International ( FBN), down 10.0%, Tufco Technologies ( TFCO), down 7.5%, Xerium Technologies ( XRM), down 7.2% and Swisher Hygiene ( SWSH), down 6.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Avon Products Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.