Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BP ( BP) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, BP fell $0.46 (-1.1%) to $43.12 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,129,047 shares of BP exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,236,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $42.96-$43.41 after having opened the day at $43.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.58. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Turquoise Hill Resources ( TRQ), down 19.7%, Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), down 14.9%, Entree Gold ( EGI), down 11.5% and Genie Energy Ltd Common Stock B ( GNE), down 7.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full BP Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.