Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PPL ( PPL) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, PPL rose $0.36 (1.1%) to $31.68 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,499,347 shares of PPL exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,824,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.24-$31.72 after having opened the day at $31.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.33. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: GreenHunter Resources ( GRH), up 3.9%, Beacon Power ( BCON), up 3.8%, U.S. Geothermal ( HTM), up 3.1% and Huaneng Power International ( HNP), up 3.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PPL Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.