Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Activision Blizzard ( ATVI) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Activision Blizzard rose $0.81 (4.6%) to $18.27 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 20,688,195 shares of Activision Blizzard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,592,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.38-$18.39 after having opened the day at $17.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.46. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: SatCon Technology Corporation ( SATC), up 60.0%, Friendfinder Networks ( FFN), up 32.7%, Interphase ( INPH), up 23.7% and Orion Energy Systems ( OESX), up 14.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Activision Blizzard Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.