Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Mercadolibre ( MELI) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Mercadolibre rose $3.39 (3.0%) to $115.62 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,052,105 shares of Mercadolibre exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 593,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $110.87-$115.75 after having opened the day at $111.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $112.23. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: Friendfinder Networks ( FFN), up 32.7%, Taomee Holdings ( TAOM), up 6.9%, CafePress ( PRSS), up 6.6% and Facebook Inc Class A ( FB), up 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Mercadolibre Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.