Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Shire ( SHPG) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Shire rose $1.36 (1.2%) to $109.95 on light volume. Throughout the day, 237,550 shares of Shire exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 554,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $109.43-$109.99 after having opened the day at $109.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $108.59. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Reliv' International ( RELV), up 54.8%, Synta Pharmaceuticals ( SNTA), up 41.3%, Idera Pharmaceuticals ( IDRA), up 38.0% and GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 17.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Shire Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.