Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Agrium ( AGU) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Agrium rose $3.05 (3.5%) to $91.43 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,597,380 shares of Agrium exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 881,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $87.94-$92.21 after having opened the day at $88.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $88.38. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Lightbridge ( LTBR), up 96.9%, USEC ( USU), up 51.1%, Uranium Resources ( URRE), up 28.2% and Tasman Metals ( TAS), up 24.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Agrium Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.