Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Synovus Financial ( SNV) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Synovus Financial rose $0.04 (1.2%) to $3.31 on average volume. Throughout the day, 12,394,750 shares of Synovus Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,600,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $3.28-$3.34 after having opened the day at $3.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.27. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Citizens First Corporation ( CZFC), up 21.7%, Porter Bancorp ( PBIB), up 14.5%, Greene County Bancorp ( GCBC), up 8.2% and Credit Suisse ( DGAZ), up 7.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Synovus Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.