GE Capital’s Retail Finance business traces its roots to the 1930's when the economy was rebounding and consumers wanted payment options to purchase the GE appliances they needed, including GE’s first electric dishwasher. Today, GE Capital’s Retail Finance business is among the country’s most successful retail lenders and celebrating 80 years of providing financial solutions to retailers to help grow their customer sales and enable consumers to buy the products and services they need and want. The business provides customized credit programs to retailers and consumers in the United States and Canada, including private label and bankcard credit programs to major national, regional and independent retailers in the U.S., as well as promotional and installment lending, bankcards and financial services for consumers through dealers, contractors, manufacturers, healthcare practices, associations, and service providers. “We’ve been working with the GE Capital credit card program for over 30 years to provide our customers with financing options to help them accomplish their home improvement projects,” said Dennis Knowles, Lowe’s Executive for U.S. Stores. “Congratulations to GE Capital’s Retail Finance business on eight decades of success. Thank you for working with Lowe’s and our customers to help grow our business over the years by always looking for new ways to improve.” “Today, more than ever, private label credit cards and special financing programs play a significant role in building business for the retailer and stimulating customer loyalty and satisfaction,” said Margaret Keane, CEO and president, GE Capital’s Retail Finance business. “Beyond the eight decades of consumer financing expertise, we bring innovative solutions to our clients, including deep industry knowledge, marketing and analytic capabilities, and tools that help them enhance sales and service.” As it has for the past 80 years, GE Capital’s Retail Finance business continues to:
- Provide billions of dollars in consumer financing through major retailers and more than 200,000 small- and mid-sized businesses throughout the United States.
- Serve business owners across nearly 20 industries, including apparel, appliances and consumer electronics, art, automotive aftermarket, home furnishings, elective healthcare, floor covering, home improvement, jewelry, music, online retailers, outdoor power equipment, powersports, sporting goods, and many others.
- Support clients with proprietary online technology such as Business Center, which includes service, marketing and sales tools, as well as Learning Center, providing businesses with access to comprehensive training for their teams on consumer financing. Expertise and comprehensive account support is provided in the areas of customer service, collections, payment processing, sales and client development, information technology, risk, marketing, finance and quality.
- Deliver digital capabilities that enhance and ease the user experience, including online account management and bill pay, financing information on client websites and social channels, and mobile applications and servicing.
- Dedicate thousands of volunteer hours annually and more than a million dollars in charitable giving to support financial education and counseling for individuals and small businesses, as well as champion services that lead to self-sufficiency in low-to-moderate income households.
Tags: Consumer Financing, Private Label Credit Cards, Retail, Middle Market©2013 General Electric Company, All rights reserved.