- Motorola’s Real-Time Crime Center solution allows law enforcement officers to approach an incident armed with more operational intelligence than ever before. Inputs from multiple data sources such as video, sensors, alarms, computer-aided dispatch (CAD) and records are unified to deliver one operational view.
- The Real-Time Crime Center solution helps increase situational awareness and direct deployment of resources. Analysts at the center can see calls coming in and pull up video images from the scene immediately. As officers are responding, video footage and still images can be sent to their vehicles providing a description of the suspects and potential whereabouts. This speeds response time and gives officers a head start before they arrive on scene.
- With the Real-Time Crime Center solution, CCROC will be able to expediently capture and provide field officers and investigators with instant, comprehensive information to help identify suspects, crime patterns and prevent emerging crime. Analysts can obtain substantial information on suspects, including pictures, addresses and other identifiers to provide quicker apprehension, arrest and prevention of other crimes by these offenders.
- CCROC’S purpose is to provide a communication and operational structure to reduce organized crime. Traditionally, law enforcement and retail organizations have worked independently of each other. The Real-Time Crime Center solution enables CCROC to work closely with retailers on a common goal which positively affects the outcome of investigations, the community and potentially saves retailers money.
- CCROC members at-large include multiple police agencies throughout Illinois, national retailers and banks. The organization’s goal is to add full-time analysts to improve collaboration and share appropriate intelligence among all jurisdictions, retailers and financial institutions.
- The strategic operations training center is located within a private space at the North Riverside, Ill. Mall JCPenney location. JCPenney donated the previously unused space for the project, making it possible to house pivotal crime information in one central location.
Greg Billings, vice president, Motorola Solution Sales and Professional Services“The rise of organized crime is finding its way into retail settings and expanding into financial exploitation of customers and consumers. The integration of Motorola’s Real-Time Crime Center solution in the CCROC initiative demonstrates how public/private partnerships can help combat this problem.” Stan Welch, vice president, JCPenney Loss Prevention “We’re proud to be a founding partner of the CCROC task force, and we’re pleased to donate space for the operations training center. The center is an integral tool in derailing organized crime, and allows all participants to collect and share information like never before.” SUPPORTING RESOURCES Website: Motorola Solutions’ Real-Time Crime Center Website: Cook County Regional Organized Crime Task Force Twitter: @MotPublicSafety Twitter: @MotoRetail Facebook: Motorola Solutions About Motorola Solutions Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed. MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.