Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Gerdau ( GGB) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Gerdau fell $0.10 (-1.5%) to $6.45 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,919,296 shares of Gerdau exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,921,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $6.41-$6.63 after having opened the day at $6.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.55. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), down 7.3%, Sterlite Industries (India ( SLT), down 7.2%, Tasman Metals ( TAS), down 6.9% and Exeter Resource Corporation ( XRA), down 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Gerdau Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.